Wednesday, June 24, 2020

My First Flight Experience

It was my 2nd year in the company and I got an opportunity to visit Pulau Langkawi from KLIA by flight in 2007. This was my first flight experience which was paid by my company, you can understand my happiness level..:) :) :) Me and my boss reached the airport at 12:30 PM. After some formal chit chat, I went for the security check. My Malaysian Airlines (MAS) flight Boeing 737-800 was scheduled to leave at 01:40 PM.

MAS Boeing 737-800: Langkawi Airport

The flight was on time and I had the window seat so I was so happy. I was ready and waiting for the take-off. Before take-off, the pilot was introducing himself and wish us a happy journey then after air hostess tell us about safety rules. Both introductory sessions were in Malay and English So it was easy to understand.

Now the time came... Firstly the plane went on the runway till the opposite end and all the while I was feeling as if I am sitting on a bus. But finally, it took an about-turn and the speed increased exponentially. Within a few seconds, I was high, up in the sky. The view was breath-taking. The roads, buildings, fields everything seemed like lines, toys. The actual city looked like a toy model of a city.

Flight Review: Malaysia Airlines Business Class on the Boeing 737 ...
Business Class: Boeing 737-800

My ears were humming initially when the plane increased the height, but later on, everything was fine. Time just flew and very soon like approx 30 min meals were provided by air hostess with a simple pleasant smile.lunch was quite good and tasty. Finally, I reached Langkawi's Airport before the time at 2.40 PM. Langkawi airport is really eye-catching and awesome. We walked till the airport. So many planes were lined up there. It was one of the most memorable experiences of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment